Sapiens Foundation is a non-profit organisation working towards the following aims and objectives.
- To develop scientific temper and free spirit of enquiry in society; to popularise the concepts in natural science, social sciences and other branches of human knowledge.
- To raise awareness about atheism, agnosticism, freethought, rationalism, scepticism, philosophical materialism, secularism and humanism.
- To encourage and support people to attain freedom from religion and lead a life without religion.
- To help protect the civil rights, political rights and democratic rights of atheists and irreligious people; to help prevent exclusion, discrimination and persecution of atheists and irreligious people.
- To undertake practical activities, demonstrations and campaigns to eradicate superstitions, blind beliefs and occultism; to work towards eradicating social evils.
- To expose and debunk pseudo-sciences and educate the people about their false claims.
- To expose and debunk quackery, faith healing, divine intervention, prayer healing, holy water and such claims of means of treatment and cure of diseases.
- To create awareness about mental and physical health based on scientific understanding, and to promote healthy lifestyle and food habits; to create awareness about scientific and evidence-based modern medical system.
- To work towards annihilation of caste and the caste system.
- To create awareness about gender equality and gender justice; to fight for reproductive justice.
- To promote and protect human rights; to fight against human rights violations through peaceful and democratic means.
- To create awareness about the need to protect the environment and biological diversity; to engage in activities to protect them.
- To organise lectures, speeches, presentations, discussions, debates, seminars, conferences and such other programmes.
- To print, publish and circulate newspapers, magazines, journals, periodicals and books and to publish the same in digital media; to create, produce, distribute, broadcast, exhibit and screen audio, radio, video and motion picture productions.
- To commission and undertake study and research into topics which come under the Foundation’s purview.
- To organise workshops and courses, and provide certificates to the participants; to institute scholarships, fellowships, endowments, awards, prizes and such schemes to advance the Foundation’s aims and objects.
- To establish research organisations, think-tanks, study centres, academies, libraries, museums, clubs, knowledge centres, schools, colleges and such establishments.
- To undertake such other initiatives which are incidental, complementary or conducive to the attainment of the above aims and objects.
We, the sapiens!